Sunday, 23 September 2018

Go Green London magazine

Go Green London is a new, yearly London, Ontario, Canada (for those readers in Mexico, Australia or Russia who may think I live in England) magazine that promotes green initiatives in our city.  When I first saw the magazine, I contacted the publisher and asked if I could write a story.  Craig said he would enjoy that... but he couldn't pay me.  I told him that I volunteer a lot of my efforts to the green cause and didn't have a problem with that.... to me, it's more important to get the word out than worry about making a few bucks!

And please be inspired to get involved in tree planting events
wherever your home may be!!!!!


Saturday, 25 August 2018

My Mother, My Earth, My Child

As you can imagine, I have a lot of files and boxes filled with all the things that I've done over the last 22 years since I became an artist!  I always enjoy taking a peek into my history, because I never know what I'll stumble across... like this unique pen and ink drawing I created during the earliest period of my career!!!!


I spent a couple of hours, this morning, on my computer, trying to remember the story and experience that became this artwork.  Rainy morning are always a good time for me to sit down and reflect on things and since it was pouring rain, this morning this is exactly what I did!

Please enjoy!!!!

Wednesday, 8 August 2018

Municipal Election Inspires a Re-visit....

Just recently, I have been contacting the mayoral candidates involved in the London, Ontario, Canada 2018 municipal election!

Many of you know that I was a mayoral candidate in the 2014 election!  This was one of the top five super amazing experiences in my life!!!!  A long series of events that I am very proud of!!!!

I was looking for some information that I could use in my email to this year's candidates, so I found myself looking through my 'Mr. Jim For Mayor' tab.  This was when I noticed that my 'Mr. Jim In The News' section only had one news article in it!!!!  Since there were so many news stories that came out, and I had only posted one, I decided to update this section of my blog... and this is what I have to share with you, today!!!!!

Just follow the link below to my updated page and you'll find that I've just added 4 more stories for you to enjoy!

This dialogue really cracks me up!!!!

I hope that these stories will inspire people from all over the world to realize what is truly important and to think about the topic of 'our environment' when speaking with political candidates wherever you may live!

Sunday, 6 May 2018

Feet on the Earthday Street 2018

Many of my readers know that for the last few years I have been writing stories for several monthly community magazines.  One of the features that I write is called 'Feet on the Street'.  I will visit local libraries, businesses, community centres or parks and I pose a question of the month to the people I find there.  I take notes and take the persons photo and then go home and put it all together.  Usually, I interview four people and this fills about 1/2 a page in the magazine rather nicely!

This year, I decided to do something very unique.  I posed my question of the month to Facebook friends from around the world... making this a real global effort!!!!

The response I received was very overwhelming!  To see all the stories and to meet some very interesting and inspirational people, just follow this link....

Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Make a 'favourite'

This website is very new and since I have close to 20 years of art, music and stories to share with you, it is easy to realize that many more posts are still to come....
Mark this page as a 'favourite' and visit again and again to see the many inspiring efforts that will fill your heart with love and peace, as we work together to create a better world for future generations!



Once I had a vision that shone so bright.
It opened my eyes that had been shut... tight!
It came as a dream,
form between the seam,
that separates day from night.

My mission was to create a being of bits and peaces,
and my icon's name was not to be Jesus.
Stik was the name that stuck to my mind,
and a world of imagination,
 I was soon to find.
There one where he exists...
and the one behind,
my eyes.

And so, I will fill this space in your time,
As we explore this world of pantomime...
free from grime, slime and crime,
where truth is found in all things sublime.

Jim Kogelheide
A Brief History For Canadian Artist
Jim Kogelheide

After completing studies in Architecture (Toronto) and then Interior Design (London), Jim Kogelheide became acutely aware of our societies need to evolve beyond our Industrial lifestyles that are harming our planet's ecosystems.  After organizing a walk across Southern Ontario - to raise awareness about the clear cutting of the Temagami forestland - Kogelheide searched for ways to share his message and inspiration with others....

He became an artist!

Kogelheide visits Rankin Inlet, Nunavut in 2006 to work on
an art project entitled

Soon after, Kogelheide began a 5 year journey across Canada, working with community groups and schools to create 'Art For Earth' workshops for children.

For the last decade, Kogelheide has continued with these workshops while also building partnerships with many community organizations, here in London, Ontario.

While all of these efforts have successfully inspired many thousands of people from across the world, Kogelheide felt that his message could reach even more... and so, most recently, he brought his message for sustainable living to his largest audience to date while running for Mayor of London in the 2014 municipal election.

Kogelheide's autobiographical documentary entitled 'An Accidental Artist'